IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-i-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and as importantly the food. As a Junior Sous Chef, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavor will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspaces, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guest’s most lasting memories. We’re looking for a Junior Sous Chef who is creative & energetic to join our culinary team on a full time basis, as a Junior Sous Chef you will be primarily responsible for:
- You will assist to supervise kitchen employees and entry level culinary staff in preparation and cooking of various food items and their garnishment and presentation.
- This role is required to complete HACCP reporting, therefore the successful candidate must be prepared to develop and increase their knowledge in this field.
- Give guest a better experience by helping with any queries or advice.
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment.
- The successful candidate will be energetic and passionate about food and will be meticulous in producing high quality dishes that delight our guests and sees them
- Participate in the planning and costing of menus.
Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider or interested in commencing Apprenticeship
- Passion for creating culinary delights and cooking
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills along with strong attention to detail
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to self-motivation and developing your culinary skills
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time