IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We believe every plate tells a story, so, we’re in search for an Junior Sous Chef with a passion for serving truly memorable moments. Our guests seek the highest standard of culinary arts and freshest ingredients. Your role is to go above & beyond expectations, assist in all kitchen operations, engaging customers, and willing to inspire and developing our local kitchen talent.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, and challenging, but is not limited to:
- Administers and adhere HACCP policies and procedures within the hotel.
- Supervises and maintain cleanliness and hygiene of your kitchen and all work stations.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all dessert items for either Banquet/Buffet/Club Lounge/High Tea and festive menus according to hotel recipes and standards wherever applicable.
- Take responsibility for the receiving and safe storage of food ingredients, checking stock are correct and of good quality and resolve any discrepancies.
- Educate and train junior colleagues in accordance with hotel brand standards to foster productivity.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and plan appropriate manning level, ensuring effective utilization of manpower and labour cost.
- Actively share with superiors the conduct and work performances of junior colleagues; ideas and opinions.
- Ensure new colleagues/trainees are properly trained, provide guidance and support when needed.
- Liaise daily with outlet chefs to keep effective communications regarding guests’ feedbacks.
- Able to provide professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues.
InterContinental Fiji Golf resort & Spa seek a hospitality professional with International experience, who will enhance and develop our culinary offer to greater heights.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Formal commercial cookery certification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within a luxury establishment.
- International hotel and restaurant experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with supervisory knowledge preferable.
- Experience in menu development, costings, and kitchen budget planning.
- Previously assisted high-volume operations with multiple culinary venues.
- Experience with on-site and offsite event catering of 500+ guests.
- You have excellent knowledge of HACCP standards.
- Innovative culinary skills and capacity to exploit new trends and cooking methods.
- Be able to handle high pressure situations.
- Training of kitchen colleagues, identify and mentor future leaders.
- Bring a calm and friendly attitude, willing to absorb the toughest of challenges.
- Willing to work in a team environment and achieve goals together.
How do I deliver this?
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 6th March , 2023.
Related Jobs (20)
Dive Instructor and Dive Master- Island Based Position on February 22, 2024 Full Time