- Attractive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the Pacific region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
EQAP Seeks To Promote The Following Core Values Within The Context Of SPC’s Corporate Values
The vision of the Educational Quality and Assessment Programme (EQAP) is to be ‘The agency for educational quality in the Pacific region’. Its mission is to enhance the quality of education and training for Pacific learners, so they realize the benefits of lifelong learning.
- a culture of quality;
- a culture of continuous improvement;
- cultural and political sensitivity;
- respect for the autonomy and priorities of the education system in each Pacific Island country and territory (PICTs); and
- assimilation of the expressed needs of countries in its delivery of technical services.
The Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
The Junior Analyst Programmer creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code and providing ICT support to other EQAP teams and member countries.
Software Development and Maintenance Support
- Support the design and implementation of an application for online interactions through short courses, training, and management of learning in schools
- Write and test a manual for the application
- Maintain and enhance existing core applications and website
- Program rules in EQAP software to enable specified purposes
- Customize software to enable the offer of short courses, training programs and learning management for schools in the region
- Provide access and training for EQAP staff who use customized software
Provide external and internal programming support and advice
- Support members of other EQAP sections to use software that are customized for their purposes
- Support EQAP member countries to facilitate national training and assessment processes
- With the support of Analyst Programmers, provide basic and technical ICT training
- Provide support for helpdesk issues
- Maintain effective communication with users
- Follow up with users, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with IT/Programming
Knowledge And Experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in Applications Programming
- Knowledge of developing web applications using ASP.NET technology
- Prior experience working with C#, VB6, VB.NET and Crystal Reporting
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal Skills And Cultural Awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 31 December 2024 – subject to renewal depending on funding and performance
Remuneration – The Junior Analyst Programmer is a Band 7 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 2,232-2,790 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
Closing Date – 27 May 2022 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Job Reference: JR000046
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
Screening Questions (maximum Of 2,000 Characters Per Question)
- What inspired you to pursue programming professionally, and what do you hope to achieve in your career?
- In your opinion, what are some principles every programmer should follow?
- As a software engineer, you must be both predictable and innovative. How can these traits coexist in your work?
Related Jobs (8)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant