Airways Group (Airways Hotel & Residences) is the leading accommodation provider in Papua New Guinea for short stays and long-term residents. Welcoming people from around the world and across the many corners of Papua New Guinea, Airways Hotel & Residences is where our guests and our staffs experience the best of Papua New Guinea.
As our team continues to grow, Airways Group is looking for the best of Papua New Guinea to join us in the following positions:
IT Technician – Airways Hotel & Residences
Reporting to the IT Manager and will assist in overseeing the processes and procedures in line with the Generally Accepted IT Principles.
- Installing network cabling and other network equipment like routers and switches
- Installing workstations and other equipment like printers
- Installing desktop operating systems and programs
- Connecting all workstations to the network and relevant servers
- Providing staff with technical support and training
- Installing servers, server operating systems and relevant server programs
- Monitoring and testing networks to ensure that they are running optimally
- Configuring routers and switches
- Monitoring servers to ensure that they are running optimally
- Monitoring server backups to ensure that these take place regularly and correctly
- Responding to client requests
- Monitoring workstation backups and antivirus updates
- Performing troubleshooting to isolate problems
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Information technology system analysis
- Information security
- Data networking
- Information technology system risk assessment
- Computer administration
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience
- Fully Covid-19 Vaccination.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Airways Hotel & Residences office at Jacksons Parade in 7 Mile, along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Recruiting Team
Airways Hotel Limited
P.O Box 1942, Boroko,
Port Moresby, NCD
Applications close on COB Friday, 27th January 2022.
Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.