Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited seeks an experienced person to fill in the role of IT Support Officer.
The IT Support Officer will assist the Helpdesk and keep the HaloITSM up to date with jobs and progress update for Credit Corporation group. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring end users get maximum benefits from them. This role is based in Port Moresby.
Outline of duties:
- Man the IT helpdesk and keep HaloITSM up to date with job and progress updates.
- Provide 1st level technical support to end-users on hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software applications.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Manage and maintain user accounts, including password resets and access control.
- Perform regular system maintenance and updates to ensure system security and optimal performance.
- Monitor and ensure the proper functioning of computer systems, networks, and peripherals.
- Collaborate with other IT staff to develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and testing of new hardware and software systems.
- Maintain accurate records of technical issues, resolutions, and user requests.
- Provide training and support to end-users on the use of hardware and software applications.
- Other duties as and when required by the IT Manager and/or Group Chief Operating Officer.
Requirements for the role:
- Have at least 2 years work experience in IT Support role.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
- Excellent technical knowledge of computer hardware, software, and network systems
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within multicultural work setting.
- Organisational skills (organizing resources and establishing priorities).
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Diploma in Business (Computing and Networking) – desired.
If you think you have what it takes to be in this role, we would like to hear from you.
Applications close on Friday, 10th March 2023 at 5pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. All applications must provide the following:
- A cover letter
- A current CV with names of three (3) contactable referees
Applications must be addressed to:
The Head of People & Culture
Credit Corporation (PNG) Limited
P O Box 1787
Port Moresby, 121
National Capital District
Hand delivered to Ground Floor, Credit House, Cuthbertson Street, Port Moresby, National Capital District or emailed to [email protected].