Our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. Great opportunity in IT Department, Holiday Inn & Suits, Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby.
Your day to day
As IT Manager you’ll ensure our computers are installed properly, working efficiently and that system security measures are in place. You’ll also install any new systems, always following standards and guidelines. Support the hotel through the use of business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and assistance as required.
Provide IT leadership to the properties within the area including effectively communicating, managing and delivering IT Systems and procedures that comply with IHG Corporate and Brand IT standards.
Responsible for establishing and leading project plans under the direction of the Snr Manager, Area Technology, AUA and Director of Finance and Business – IHG PNG to ensure the implementation and upgrades of major systems are completed on-time and within budget.
- Leading with the deployment of all new hotel systems/platforms during, maintaining current systems, upgrading future systems, maintaining inventories, conducting on-site training to promote efficient operations and answer questions to avoid or resolve systems-related problems, establish policies and procedures, purchase operating equipment, budgeting computer-related items, and maintain relationships with IHG corporate office.
- Maximize opportunities to reduce IT costs through effective purchasing & negotiating maintenance contract
- Responsible for the management and control of all IT expense according to an agreed plan.
- Keep up to date with all approved systems and technology including:
- Computer Hardware systems and devices including PC LAN technology
- Software operating and utility systems
- Front Office and Accounts Receivable Property Management Systems
- Interfaces to and from Front Office Property Management Systems and other Systems
- Back Office Accounting Systems
- PC and LAN based Office Automation products
- Internal and External Electronic Mail / Facsimile / Scanner software and communication tools
- Point of Sale Systems
- Guest and Administration Voicemail
- Call Accounting
- Hub / Switch Management Systems
- Assist and Support Electronic Door Locking Computer System
- Computer Virus protection
- Hotel IT Security and Firewalls
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all computer hardware and software at hotel
- Monitor the performance of the systems and maintain logbook of performance
- Understand all standards and customized features and functions of the Hotel front office system
- Ensure that all computer media saves, and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per specifications
- Maintain uncompromising data and physical security standards
- Control security for computer room and ensures that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the security specification as described in the security system
- Administer all user ID’s, passwords, and the most sensitive system utilities, secures all touchy resources and critical libraries under the supervision of the IT Manager/Leader
- Take preventive measures to foresee, identify and analyse the potential system performance issues.
- Manage the configuration reports, program files and data files on the computer system(s) to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Train employees to enable them to take responsibility during the absence of IT colleagues.
- Be primary contact with all computer-related external vendors.
- Install and test corporate approved program changes to the hotel computer system(s).
- Coordinate purchase of program applications or enhancements to meet specific hotel needs only if these applications are not covered by existing standards prescribed by the corporate office.
- Conduct and coordinate annual PCI and credit card/data security training for hotel employees based on information security standards.
- Manage compliance (CSA) with Information Security.
What we need from you
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of computer system installation, troubleshooting, problem determination, and operations techniques.
- Knowledge of Policy and Procedure methodologies.
- Knowledge of computer system installation, troubleshooting, problem determination, and restoration techniques.
- Knowledge of networking technologies, electronic hardware and software, real-time systems, and mission-critical systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Available to work in a 24-hour, 7 day a week environment.
- 3+ years of hospitality IT experience is highly preferred.
- Open weekday availability and ability to work weekends when necessary.
- Experience in dealing with multiple hotel associates, IT vendors/partnerships, as well as ownership.
- Proficient in task/project management, including project management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills require.
- Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and members of management in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to complete standard forms and reports
What we offer:
Great salary and benefits. These will include fully furnished accommodation, medical health cover, great room discounts and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives.
You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. This position is open to expatriate and PNG nationals.
Email to [email protected] with all other relevant supporting documents, attention to the Director HR – IHG PNG.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date 1st December 2022.
This vacancy appeared first on https://www.pngworkforce.com/
Related Jobs (5)
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant