The IP Network Engineer will be responsible for the real-time management of all IP & MOBILE PACKET CORE based local and Wide Area Networks which support the technical operations and services of Digicel. They will assist in the design and implementation of all new IP based systems, ensuring adherence to IP & Network Security standards and policies. They will provide first-line identification and resolution of faults, and ensure that all required documentation is maintained in a timely basis.
- Performs complex systems and analysis and development activities on applications software,
- Responsible for the design, installation and support of all IP & Security based systems to support the technical operations of the business.
- Troubleshoot IP network problems quickly and help provide sound engineering solutions by maintaining deep knowledge of Whidbey Telecom and Data Network architecture, topology, and up-to-date configuration details. Design all IP numbering and addressing schemes
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all IP & PACKET CORE based services, including Checkpoint/Juniper firewall policy management, IP traffic management utilizing VLANs and routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP,), also NTP applications.
- Monitor IP & GPRS based systems for continuous improvement and provide/ advice on required improvements to the network & cost and timeline solutions for review by IP Manager
- Responsible for support Sandvine issues and deployments.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Cisco Certified CCNA or equivalent
- Proven 2+ experience in IP Networking and Security.
- An experience and knowledge of mobile Packet Core networks and functionality of SGSN/GGSN and Service aware charging solutions would.
- Basic ITIL Knowledge.
Click on Apply Now to apply for the job opportunity.