South Sea Cruises Group (SSCG) is Fiji’s most experienced and award-winning cruise operator offering a range of award-winning products and services throughout the stunning Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands. South Sea Cruises operates a modern fleet of fast catamarans, an overnight cruise ship, a modern sailing catamaran, several speed boats, and tender boats as well as Fiji’s two most popular day trip islands.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Invoicing Officer to be positioned at our Port Denarau head office. You will be tasked with assisting the Senior Invoicing Officer in maintaining the invoicing function. This position reports directly to the Senior Invoicing Officer and Accountant.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all agent bookings have been accurately made in the reservation system. This includes checking that that the correct agent and product has been selected, correct rates and currency have been applied
- Check that the passenger numbers are correct and according to the booking request received from the agent.
- Correcting and verifying any information or details, if necessary, in the reservation system.
- Going through reservations e-mail for booking request where necessary to rectify bookings that have queries.
- Ensuring invoicing is done correctly and on timely manner
- Check for duplicate bookings
- Check that cancelation charges have been billed correctly.
- Following-up on pending agent vouchers or disputed vouchers with reservations team and resolving it in order to bill correctly in the system
- Performing month end checks before data is migrated to the accounting system
- E-mailing invoices to local and overseas agents
- Carrying out banking duties according to the roster
Required Qualifications and Skills
- The applicant must have a Diploma in Accounting or Finance from a recognised institution with at least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Competent in using Microsoft excel for data analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with colleagues and the department heads
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
If you believe you have the attributes and qualification as listed for the above position and a desire to work for Fiji’s leading marine tourism operator, then please apply in writing detailing why you’re the best person for either of the above roles along with your current CV and send via email to; [email protected] or by mail with the Attention to: Vacant Position-Invoicing Officer , South Sea Cruises Group PO Box PD052, Denarau.