The Internal Auditor will be responsible for giving independent and objective assurance that the key internal controls in the organization relied on to mitigate risks are in place and working effectively. This role reports to the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance, development, and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislation and best practices;
- Undertaking internal audits to ensure the company meets its financial, operational, and compliance objectives;
- Reporting on control deficiencies to management and making recommendations to mitigate risk and add value;
- Challenging current processes across the company and identifying opportunities for refinement;
- Developing an assurance program within the business and conducting financial statement audits and branch operational audits;
- Preparing and presenting audit reports and findings to relevant stakeholders and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner;
- Analyzing audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs;
- Assessing best financial practices for an organization and making relevant, informed suggestions;
- Making recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste;
- Conducting investigations and preparing reports on all instances of fraud.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualifications in Auditing and/or Accounting with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of internal/ external audit experience;
- CA/CPA or currently pursuing qualifications;
- Ability to understand a wide range of business processes and IT systems;
- Ability to build excellent client relationships, with a strong track record of delivering high-quality outcomes.
Applications including a detailed CV and references should be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 April 2022.