We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER
The Company through its Internal Audit Department is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Internal Audit Officer base at the PNG Air Head Office, Jacksons Parade Port Moresby.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the primary responsibility for this position is to assist the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systemic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management control, governess processes and objectively review the organisation’s business processes.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct audit engagements according to the approved annual audit plan (including out of Port Moresby).
- Conduct other internal audit tasks and ad-hoc reviews as requested.
- Develop detailed working encompassing finds, evidence and recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of draft reports that summarize the work of internal audit for presentation to the auditee/ management or process owners.
- Develop suggestions for process efficiencies and improvement controls
- Assist in the development of audit programs for financial related compliance audits and execute testing accordingly.
- Maintain the Internal Audit database and monitor outstanding audit recommendations for reporting through Internal Auditor to the management on a monthly basis and Board Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Review and evaluate current financial practices and initiate to improve and implement changes where appropriate.
- Provide Internal Audit reports and other statistical information on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Advance Diploma or University Degree (or equivalent) in business administration, accounting (or related field).
- A minimum of two years’ experience in auditing/controlling or closely related field is highly desirable.
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors such as IIAPNG will be an asset.
- Experience with airline or a reputable organization will be an added advantage.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 30th September 2022
PNG Air Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer