July 2023 start
Woodford International School is an authorized IB World School and Cambridge International Accreditation Center. It is the premier international school in the Solomon Islands, offering the Primary Years Programme in the Primary School, and Cambridge Lower secondary, Upper Secondary and Advanced in the Secondary School. Woodford is committed to the development of responsible global citizens and leaders through a balanced approach to learning and life.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced educators to join Woodford International School in July 2023 as an Instructional / Teaching and Learning Coach. Actively working with our teachers and leadership team, the Instructional Coach will professionally develop the pedagogy of our our teachers for best practices in 21st century education.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Instructional Coach is a critical lever in improving student achievement. The role of the coach is to build teacher capacity and their understanding of instructional practices and data driven instruction. The instructional coach is a learner who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, and goes above and beyond to ensure student success. The instructional coach works collaboratively as a team with the faculty and will help promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. They are responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in classrooms through modeling, co-planning, co-teaching and providing feedback to teachers.
This is not a supervisory position and does not include evaluation of colleagues.
- Model lessons in classrooms on a daily/weekly basis.
- Support the instructional development of all teachers in understanding best practices in education, support with their curriculum and varied assessments, the Framework for Teaching, and data analysis.
- Build strong relationships with teachers, leadership, and other staff.
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with school initiatives and recognized best instructional practices.
- Create an articulated schedule with the leadership team.
- Assist teachers in understanding WIS’ mission and core values.
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning, including new resources.
- Support teachers and leadership in using data to improve instruction on all levels.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Support teachers by helping with the ―strategic how of teaching — share multiple instructional strategies/processes with teachers during planning times.
- Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide feedback for a teacher’s professional growth and students’ success.
- Develop staff members’ knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors through a variety of professional development targeted topics and designs.
- Develop coaching plans for teachers to ensure student improvement.
- Contribute to the development systems and structures to improve teacher practice within schools.
- Provide job-embedded informal professional learning beyond the coaching responsibility.
- Submit a weekly coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching documentation.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to the Head of School with the subject line, “Instructional Coach Application,” and emailed directly to: [email protected].
WIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time
Related Jobs (3)
Staff Development Officer on March 30, 2023 Full Time
CAMPUS DIRECTOR – SIMBU UNITECH SATELLITE UNIVERSITY (SUSU) on March 27, 2023 Full Time
PYP Coordinator on March 16, 2023 Full Time