Your day to day
As part of the Front Office and Reservations team, no two days in Instant Service are ever the same. Guest pre-arrival experience is a fundamental of what we do, so you will work closely with reservations to ensure a seamless luxury experience for our guests; or you could be sharing your expert knowledge of the local area and where to find the best dumplings in the city; managing guest registrations and assisting Front Office with checking in & out and reviewing guest all billing.
This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your presentation, local knowledge and ability to take ownership and resolve any issue or request which will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
- Records all entries on traffic sheets
- Report on logbook daily and Maintain Hotel Information
- Strictly abides by standards policies and procedures governing cases of emergency such as fire, bomb scare and other critical situations
- Advises defects on switchboard equipment to Supervisor
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the Hotel’s fire, life and safety system
- Maintains detailed knowledge on the Emergency Response Team and workings of the telephone room in this regard
Elevating Guest Experience
- Process all incoming and outgoing calls accurately and courteously
- Records and controls accurately wake up calls
- Pages guests in co-operation with concerned departments
- Assists guests with international calls and directory queries
- Refer to guests by name whenever possible and Abides by principles of guest privacy
- Handles guests needs or requests and reports complaints to the Telephone Supervisor
- Aware of local telephone listings and frequently dialed numbers
- Attends to all guest queries and request promptly
- You will be responsible to take room service orders, extra amenity orders, restaurant reservations, and also be capable to handle problems guests may have
- Ad hoc duties unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- This is a multi-tasking role in the hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services, demanding competitive pressures and many VIP and key guests and customers. Service team members will be accountable for meeting guest requests and offer personalized service delivery to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and experience.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to Grand Pacific Hotel’s valued guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management or related field
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience working as Guest Service Agent
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize your own workload as well as jump in and help your colleagues as needed
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with bending and kneeling. Sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull objects like luggage, barrels and crates up to 23 kg – we have the equipment to support you
- Presentation is key – wear your uniform with pride
- Passionate about guest services, team player, excellent communication skills
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time