- Salary Range*: $22, 528.74 – $ 28, 883.00 (BAND F)
*Additional performance payments may be available for our highest performers, in accordance with the Public Service Commission guidelines
- Contract Term: 3 years
- Duty Station: Savusavu
- Reporting Responsibilities:
a) Reports To: Senior Immigration Officer – North
b) Liaises With: Internal and External Stakeholders.
c) Subordinates: Border Control Officer, Immigration Inspector & Clerical Officer.
The position ensures that effective supervision of immigration services are provided at its excellent
standard at the border.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following;
1) Assist in the daily supervision of staff and border processes;
2) Actively manage and monitor all access through the border;
3) Assist in the processing of apprehension, detention and deterring of all illegal border crossings;
4) Monitor and assess all permit applications to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and
5) Facilitate the processing of travel documents and other related services; and
6) Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Ministry, including planning, budgeting
and Human Resources Management activities where required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- All border processes and activities are managed efficiently, meet the required standards,
compliant with legislation and meet the processing timeframes;
- Timely and appropriate supervision and monitoring of staff activities and performance are
conducted that support the achievement of expected outcomes in individual work plans; and
- All updates and reports are submitted within the agreed timeframes; provide accurate border
statistics, and any recommendations for improvement.
In addition to a degree in Management and Public Administration (or equivalent experience)
relevant to Immigration, the following Knowledge Skills, Experience and Abilities are required to
undertake this role
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ work in an immigration related environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Immigration Legislation applicable to Fiji.
- Practical working experience, supervising and monitoring staff performance and reporting to
management on daily operations.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills and the ability to tactfully deal with stakeholders
- Ability to follow guidelines and meet set timeframes
- Good interpersonal and representational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support daily operations
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational and corporate
environment of the organization.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment within the Fiji Civil Service must be Fijian Citizens, under the age of 60, in
sound health with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical
certificate and police clearance prior as a condition of employment.
The Ministry is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all
eligible, qualified applicants. Only the specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for
the job will be considered in assessing the relative suitability of applicants.
Apply online on https://immigration.gov.fj/immigration-officer-savusavu/