- Suva-based position (Fiji)
- Competitive expatriate package
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC Divisions and Programmes. It consists of three key departments: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The role – The Human Resources Officer – Remuneration and Systems Support will provide support to HR and all system users towards the design, testing, development, implementation and maintenance of the information systems, analytics and tools that support HR business processes and decision-making including remuneration reviews and market analysis.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Compile and assist with data reports and summaries for HR including but not limited to leave reports, overall staff lists, new starter list, probation reports, PDS reports. Extract tailored data for organisational wide audit reports.
- Work with the HR team to maintain the accuracy of the HRIS ensuring it reflects the current status of staff including undertaking data quality checks.
- Work with the HR Adviser (Remuneration, Systems & HR Projects) to develop and implement monthly Master Data reports and provide HR Dashboards that will enable regular reporting to the Divisions.
HR Systems Administration and support – Cornerstone/PayGlobal Support/ESS
- Resolve HR queries and issues relating to the use of HR systems i.e., Cornerstone, ESS. Assist with data integration issues between PG and Cornerstone.
- Work with HR Adviser and HR team to prepare configuration guides, training materials, update intranet pages and documentation for HR systems training as and when required.
- Work with system providers when changes/upgrades are implemented to provide input and ensure appropriate levels of testing are conducted.
Remuneration and benefits administration
- Support the annual remuneration (GMI, PDS and allowances) changes to prepare for payroll processing.
- Support annual salary and benefits surveys as required.
- Support the HR Adviser Rem with job evaluation & maintaining certification in SP10 methodology.
Learning Management System (LMS) Support
- Supporting the implementation of a learning management system.
- Support the HRD & HR Adviser Rem in coordinating online certification for staff e.g. Performance Management, Risk Assessment, Health & Safety, Sexual harassment & bullying.
- Determine type of issues for learning management system are escalated and resolved and/or escalated to relevant parties.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- A bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business management or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of HR experience.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office, including relevant experience with a Human Resources Information System.
- Experience using HR Systems and supporting Employee Self-service.
- Excellent numeracy skills particularly with Excel and designing spreadsheets.
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiar with working in a dynamic and challenging multi – faceted environment.
- Be committed to quickly gaining an understanding of the organisation conditions, policies and procedures.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills with experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of different individuals and organisations.
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – 3 years – subject to renewal depending on funding and performance.
Remuneration – The Human Resources Officer – Remuneration and Systems Support is a band 8 position in SPC’s 2023 salary scale, with a starting salary range of 2,044‒2,555 SDR (special drawing rights) per month, which currently converts to approximately FJD 6,030–7,537 (USD 2,739–3,424; EUR 2,595–3,243). An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews. Remuneration of expatriate SPC staff members is not subject to income tax in Fiji; Fiji nationals employed by SPC in Fiji will be subject to income tax.
Benefits for international employees based in Fiji – SPC provides a housing allowance of FJD 1,350–3,000 per month. Establishment and repatriation grant, removal expenses, airfares, home leave travel, health and life and disability insurances and education allowances are available for eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Employees are entitled to 25 working days of annual leave per annum and other types of leave, and access to SPC’s Provident Fund (contributing 8% of salary, to which SPC adds a matching contribution).
Languages – SPC’s working languages are English and French.
Closing Date: 21 May 2023 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)