JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Attractive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- 6-month contract
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management so as to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The role – Human Resources Officer – Recruitment will be responsible for effectively managing the end-to-end recruitment cycle of all local recruitment within Fiji and supporting international recruitment. The HR Officer – Recruitment will provide support and guidance to hiring managers by delivering a high-quality service and effective recruitment processes to address local and international resourcing requirement and staffing solutions.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Local Recruitment Management
- International Recruitment Management
- HR Projects
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- University degree or equivalent in human resource management, public or business administration
Knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years of human resources experience, ideally with a focus on recruitment
- Experience managing the recruitment of multiple positions at any given time with varying deadlines and timeframes
- Experience in facilitating and conducting interviews
- Aptitude for the provision of high-quality service
- Ability to advise, support and influence hiring managers throughout the recruitment process
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner, and apply SPC rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – 6 months
Remuneration – The Human Resources Officer – Recruitment is a Band 7 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 2,232-2,790 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals.
Closing Date – 10 May 2022 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Job Reference: CB000303
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.