- Attractive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management so as to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
The Human Resources Officer – Recruitment will be responsible for effectively managing the end-to-end recruitment cycle of all local recruitment within Fiji and supporting international recruitment. This role will also provide support and guidance to hiring managers by delivering a high-quality service and effective recruitment processes to address local and international resourcing requirement and staffing solutions.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Local Recruitment Management
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment cycle for all local recruitment assignments in Fiji. Advising hiring managers on the most effective sourcing strategies for local roles, including short-term contracts and internships through internal or external advertising.
- Effectively utilise the recruitment system on a daily basis to efficiently manage recruitment.
- Train, guide and support hiring managers to effectively utilise the recruitment system.
- Through direct liaison with hiring managers, provide advice and guidance on the requirements of the job descriptions for all local roles ensuring that they capture the complete essence of the role.
- Prepare recruitment notices for local positions and ensure notices are reviewed by publications.
International Recruitment Management
- Support the end-to-end recruitment cycle for all international positions.
- Write recruitment notices for international positions. Ensure notices are approved by publications and translations and then upload onto the recruitment system.
- Post international roles onto a variety of global job boards and websites ensuring that all information is accurate.
- Provide relevant advertising options to hiring manager for international positions and ensure budget is available. Ensure that roles are advertised in compliance with the recruitment policy.
- On behalf of the HR Manager Recruitment & HR Adviser Recruitment, arrange and schedule interviews for international positions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Receive, manage and register internship applications on the recruitment system.
- Advertise internship expressions of interest internally and externally using the recruitment system.
- Ensure all applications received for internship opportunities are registered on the recruitment system.
- Support the HR team with HR workload plan initiatives and key projects.
- Identify process improvements within the HR team.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- University degree or equivalent in human resource management, public or business administration
- At least 3 years of human resources experience, ideally with a focus on recruitment
- Experience managing the recruitment of multiple positions at any given time with varying deadlines and timeframes
- Experience in facilitating and conducting interviews
- Proven ability to contribute to the streamlining and automation of the recruitment process
- Ability to manage the recruitment of multiple positions at any given time with varying deadlines and timeframes.
- Aptitude for the provision of high-quality service
- Excellent time management skills and organisational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner, and apply SPC rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – 364 days and is subject to renewal depending on funding and performance.
Remuneration – The Human Resources Officer – Recruitment is a Band 7 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 2,232-2,790 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals.
Closing Date – 15 January 2023 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Related Jobs (3)
Retail Processing Consultant on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Assistant HR Officer on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Human Resources & Payroll Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time