The Human Resources Manager operates the Human Resources functions in accordance to government policies, Hilton brand requirements and hotel related policies. This role works closely with the Cluster Director of Human Resources and the Management team to execute human capital strategy plans, build up effective performance evaluation systems, recognition programs and talent development methods to form a high performance team to achieve hotel business targets and improve employer brand.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Forecast and plan for the short and long term human resource requirements for DoubleTree to support strategic business plans for the Resort.
- Responsible for the administration and application of all relevant Industrial Awards and Government Legislation within the Resort.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the Resort’s Workplace Health and Safety program. Monitor and advise accordingly of all changes and legal obligations pertaining to ACCF-(Accident Compensation Commission Fiji) requirements for workers injury in the Workplace.
- Development and facilitation of structured recruitment and selection programs.
- Develop the Resort’s training plan, carry out training delivery functions, monitor and manage the performance and development of employees
- Provide first-class employee relation services to the Resort to deliver an excellent staff experience
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Human Resources Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory/managerial experience in an International Resort or Hotel Environment with Human Resources and knowledge of Hotel Operations is preferred
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations and be thoroughly knowledgeable with Fiji’s Labour Laws.
- Must have excellent communication and people interaction skills.
- Good analysis and planning skills.
- Open minded and a team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English to meet business needs.
- Good relationship with the local labor bureau and government agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Thorough knowledge of HR modules and department operations.
- Able to coach and develop others.
- Possess basic business and financial sense.
- Strong ownership and result driven.
- Good organization and presentation skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
If you are interested in this opportunity, click the link below.