AVI Pacific People is a wholly owned subsidiary of Australian Volunteers International (AVI) based in Suva, Fiji. The company was established in 2018 to utilise and build on AVI’s fifty years of recruitment expertise and experience in Australia and the Pacific Islands. We are the first Pacific-wide specialised end-to-end recruitment service, committed to placing more Pacific islanders into senior, executive and specialist roles across all sectors. We also provide HR consultancy and business support services to clients.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a self-driven, professional and qualified individual to join our team as a Human Capital (HC) Consultant based in Suva, Fiji. Reporting to the General Manager, the HC Consultant will lead and oversee various human resource projects, providing valuable advice on human capital management. The incumbent will actively seek out opportunities to attract and retain clients and contribute to the development and maintenance of the company’s brand identity. Furthermore, the HC Consultant will be expected to deliver efficient and effective solutions to clients within budget and timelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, organisational psychology, human capital, business or related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in human capital strategy, talent management, reward and recognition, organisational development and learning & development.
- Knowledge and experience in applying contemporary HR practices and strategies, such as workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion and organisational change reviews.
- Ability to build productive and trusting relationships with internal and external clients including business partners.
- Previous experience working in consulting or professional services firms would be an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing skills.
- Ability to strategize and formulate business plans.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent People and Customer skills.
- Ability to analyse and capture data.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services to clients.
A copy of the complete Job Description can be found here: https://www.pacificpeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/JD-Human-Capital-Consultant-28112023.pdf
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must apply online at www.pacificpeople.com. Applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees. For further clarifications please contact Hannah Hicks-Maravuakula on (679) 3313229 or 777-1100 or email: [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 29th December 2023. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview