At IHG, our goal is to help shape the future of responsible travel together with those who stay, work and partner with us. We will support our people and make a positive difference to local communities while preserving our planet’s beauty and diversity… not just today but long into the future.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”, we have an opportunity within our Housekeeping team for a Housekeeping Manager.
As a Housekeeping Manager, you will support the team which will include but not limited to the following:
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan, and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff are properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads.
- Assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods.
- Check public areas, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens are clean and in good repair advise team members of areas of improvements.
- Handle complaints and special requests to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Comply with special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors.
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labor (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents)
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous leadership role in Housekeeping operations for a minimum of 2 years.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to manage spontaneous requests.
- Superior communication skills.
- Expand your leadership skills and experience with a passion for developing others.
- Previous experience in Opera and Infrasys will be an advantage.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Term Life Cover
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]