IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-i-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees.
- You will lead, motivate, train, and develop our sizeable housekeeping team in a manner that enables them to operate to the maximum levels of efficiency, including scheduling daily operation meetings, successful onboarding and development and performance appraisals
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads.
- Assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods Guest Experience.
- Check public areas, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens are clean and in good repair advise team members of areas of improvements.
- Perform housekeeping duties necessary, making beds as well as vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handle complaints and special requests to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Comply with special needs ad requests of the guests , VIPs and repeat visitors.
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans . Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labor (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents) Maintain procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- Previous leadership role in Housekeeping operations for a minimum of 2 years
- Tertiary qualification (Certificate III or Diploma in Hotel Management or Management Degree
- Solid knowledge of the Holiday Inn brand and associated brand standards
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to manage spontaneous requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with varied audiences
- Expand your leadership skills and experience with a passion for developing others around you
- Previous experience in Opera and Infrasys will be an advantage
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (30)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time