IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Attendant plays an integral role to support the housekeeping team and the wider hotel team.
Your day to day
- Ensuring all service areas are fully stocked with guest amenities, towels and linen for the day ahead,
- Moving clean and dirty linen trolleys around hotel as required,
- Attend to guest requests and support our IHG Clean Promise,
- Notify the Engineering team of any maintenance requests in a timely fashion,
- Ensure service areas and public areas are maintained well and kept neat and tidy,
- Topping up and clearing pantries,
- Attend to guests’ requests,
- Making beds,
- Support the housekeeping team with any ad hoc cleaning support as needed.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience – you have worked in a similar role in a hotel property.
- Strength – this role is a physical role where you will be on your feet and will be pushing linen trolleys of up to 23kg.
- Flexibility – Availability to work shifts across a 7 day roster including weekends and public holidays.
- Can do attitude – wanting to support your team members and roll up your sleeves.
- Detail – a great eye for detail and wanting everything to be placed perfectly in its place.
- Apart from the above, the below roles will require extra responsibilities as stated: –
- Public Area Attendant:· Provides a cleaning service for public areas that meets the hotel’s standards for cleanliness and presentation.
- Laundry Attendant:
· Responsible for assisting the washers, pressers and other members of the laundry team in providing a clean and timely laundry service to guests and internal customers. Assists in sorting hotel and guest linen for washing. Helps in timely loading and unloading of machines. Assists in transferring linen and clothes between machines. Feeds in linen in the flat-work ironer.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 20th March, 2023.
Related Jobs (20)
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time
Duty Manager / Guest Services Agents / Room Attendants on September 21, 2023 Full Time