IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-i-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about Guest Love . Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
We’re looking for someone who can join our team as a Hotel Guest Service Agent who will be the person guests rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home. You will acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone, take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities, handling cash and credit transaction.
- Managing guest accounts – making sure our guest check in to the hotel, enjoy their stay, and then have the correct billing throughout for a smooth departure experience.
- Fixing problems – .you will be there to help resolve guest issues and ensure they leave having an exceptional stay.
- Help the team – you are always around to help you teammates and share the workload with other duties as required.
- Know who we are – you will be across our brand standards and work towards making a great branded experience for all.
- Be a neighborhood host – know what’s happening in the neighborhood and the hotel keeping up to date with events, group and hotel information such as guest feedback.
- Strictly adhere to IHG policy concerning the Trade practices Act, Gifts and Bribery and Data Privacy.
What we need from you
- Qualifications in Hotel Management with 3 years’ experience or related professional area from a Tourism and Hospitality Institute
- Previous experience in Hotel Front Office related position is highly regarded.
- Ability to speak local language(s)
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible – able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (13)
Drivers (heavy and light PSV) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
SOUTH PACIFIC SPECIALISTS x 3 on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Fiji Airways Holidays Products and Services Coordinator on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Wedding and Events Coordinator on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Attendant – Laundry/Rooms on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Beach Resort Manager / Management Couple on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Resort Manager on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Storeman on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Spa Therapist on June 6, 2023 Full Time