VACCANCY ANNOUNCEMENT | HOME & LIVING MANAGER
Hardware House Limited is seeking a passionate Home & Living Manager to join our dynamic team! If you have a knack for transforming spaces and a love for all things home-related, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As the Home & Living Manager, you’ll be at the forefront of curating an exceptional range of home products, overseeing their presentation, and ensuring our customers have access to the latest trends and highest quality items for their living spaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Curate an exquisite collection of home and living products.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and market demands.
- Manage inventory, ensuring optimal stock levels.
- Collaborate with vendors and negotiate agreements.
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system for both paper and electronic records.
- Devise long term development strategies for product categories.
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services.
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands.
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility.
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category.
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories.
- Make forecast for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory.
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for the category.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience in retail, preferably in home and living.
- Proven experience as Category Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office and analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
- Passion for interior design and home improvement.
- Exemplary planning & time management skills.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – HOME & LIVING MANAGER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on 30th November 2023