The Fiji Rugby Football Union (‘FRFU’) is based in the Nation’s capital of Suva and administers the sport of Rugby Union in Fiji. The major responsibility of the FRFU is to administer, develop and nurture the game of rugby at all levels from Community to High Performance, for men and women, boys and girls.
The following opportunity exists within the Fiji Rugby Football Union, and we are seeking to recruit an appropriately qualified, highly experienced, knowledgeable and motivated leader for this senior position.
HIGH PERFORMANCE REFEREE MANAGER (PART-TIME)
This position is an important role in the Organisation and is in the High Performance Unit. The successful applicant will be the lead person charged with the development of elite referees.
It is extremely important that applicants have an awareness of Fijian culture and an understanding of the development of the game and refereeing in Fiji. Applicants must also bring considerable experience and expertise including having refereed at the international level of the game.
The High Performance Referee manager must be a Leader. The position involves linkages from High Performance to Community rugby. Leadership and planning, people, programmes and stakeholders awareness are key to this position. You will also provide advice and support to the broader development of referees at the community rugby level.
As team leader, the successful applicant will have a significant awareness of the welfare and safeguarding focus of this role, both with stakeholders and staff. This position plays a critical leadership role in creating a culture that will provide robust links and pathways between the Community level of the game and High Performance.
- Identify and select quality referees for development as HP referees.
- Ensure that all HP Referees are equipped with the latest refereeing information, techniques and international best practice, and are proficient in executing their skills accordingly.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage the provision of refereeing services at National and provincial competitions and tournaments and assist at regional events.
- Manage special projects implemented by FRFU for the referees and CMO’s.
- Represents FRFU at identified Rugby and sporting symposiums.
- Assist with the development of provincial union Referees business plan, including budgets.
- Advocate best practice and manage strategic planning and implementation of refereeing services.
- Deliver World Rugby Referee Training materials to active referees, referee coaches, Assistant Referees, IGJ and Substitution managers.
- Provide refereeing support and services to all national representative teams.
- Work with Coach and Administration staff to implement and integrate Match Official role into the whole game education.
- Facilitate with RTM World Rugby the Quality assurance process of all Match Official Educators in Fiji.
- Facilitate the on-going referee coach opportunities attachment to New Zealand and Australia Competitions.
- Facilitate a standardized reimbursement framework that truly values the Officials contributions to the game as well as the Unions.
- RUGBY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (SAVUSAVU)
The Rugby Development Officer will be responsible to deliver Regional Rugby development services in accordance with the Fiji Rugby Football Union’s Strategic Plan and annual operational objectives. (Women’s are encouraged to apply)
- Delivery of the Union Strategic and Rugby Development plans.
- Delivery of Mass Participation programmes in your region of responsibility.
- Development of age-grade club rugby competitions for boys and girls your Region.
- Provides weekly plans and monthly reports
- Provides information relating to development as required.
- Ensures that quarterly plans are in place and implemented to deliver outcomes required.
- Monitors Provincial Rugby development plans on a weekly basis.
- Attends appropriate national/regional/provincial meetings to ensure that there is an awareness of the Unions development plans, and that they are being implemented.
- Establishes partnerships with local regional authorities, schools and clubs.
- Ensures targets are met regarding participation growth targets for boys and girls.
- Ensures targets are met for growth rate targets in other areas of the game.
- Manages the delivery of all FRU game development programmes and initiatives in the region.
- Manages game development programme budgets in the region.
- Identifies game development requirements within the Region.
- Supports all aspects of regional/provincial development.
- Promotes and encourages the application of regional long-term game development pathways for players, coaches & officials
Training and Development
- Delivers Level 1 courses and other courses as appropriate to the regional Rugby family.
- Co-Delivers Level 2 courses and other courses as appropriate to the regional Rugby family.
- Undertakes quality assurance as required an on-going basis.
Applications for this position should include three referees and a current resume. Applicants must address each aspect of the key responsibility areas to emphasize their proven experience to deliver the responsibilities of the role.
All applications will be treated with strict confidence and should be received by 4.00pm 17th December 2023. Applications for this position must be emailed to [email protected]. Hard copies of application will not be accepted.
Fiji Rugby Union thanks all applicants for your interest and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.