We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Projects Specialist for our TECH SERVICES- Technical Department, reporting to the Principal Project Engineer (BRI). The successful applicant will mainly be responsible for; supervising projects, doing cost control, work management close-out functions and administration functions. This role supports the delivery against short range forecast and budget for safety, productivity, and cost through the effective planning and execution of projects and in ensuring compliance to engineering standards and document management processes.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure all projects work is adequately planned, resourced, and undertaken in safe and cost-effective manner to meet the requirements of the operation.
- Ensuring compliance with engineering standards for all plants and equipment and in document and change management procedures and processes
- Ensure appropriate risk management and independent review processes have been carried out
- Submit budget and schedule variations to management for approval and management costs effectively
- Contractors management to ensure safety protocols are adhered to
- Logistics management of material and people to required timelines
- Preparation of site laydown areas
- Liaison with project stakeholders on-site to ensure project activity integration including; raising of work orders, procurement requisitions, travel bookings, and vehicle requests
- Supervision of the projects teams on-site
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project or construction management
- A minimum tertiary qualification from a recognized institutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mining environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Essential planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Must have a valid class 3 or 6 PNG’s driver’s licence
- Safety focused and attention to detail
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertisement closes Monday 8th May, 2023.