We are currently seeking to recruit a Roads Projects Supervisor (Short Term) for our Business Development Department, based at Bulolo. Reporting to the Civil Works and Projects Superintendent, the objective of this role is to provide assistance to the Civil Works and Projects Superintendent in implementing the civil works and projects Harmony delivers to the communities in the district. The incumbent must have a comprehensive understanding of road construction supervision, engineering designs, project management and delivery. The roster is 5 days on and 2 days off on a 3 months contract, with a possibility extension, depending on the project requirement. The successful candidate will be basing in Bulolo and working in the Wau and Bulolo local government districts.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Day to day supervision of staff and contractors executing projects.
- Assist in project reporting, scoping, design, planning and scheduling.
- Ensure the continuous implementation of safety best practice at execution in line with Harmony Safety Policy and Systems.
- Ensure all activities are executed in compliance with Harmony’s Environmental and Social Policies and Procedures.
- Clearly identify risks and put forward mitigation action plans to minimise impacts of these to contractors, co-workers and the community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction industry as a Civil Supervisor
- A minimum Certificate or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution in PNG
- An experience in rural road, bridge, building and other infrastructural projects would be an advantage
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in civil construction tasks
- Demonstrated experience in working with rural communities
- Be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, and an excellent time manager
- Experience with software such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have Class 3 or 6 PNG Driving License
The above role is Bulolo based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident that you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then, please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications closes on Monday 6th February, 2023