We are seeking to recruit Safety Coaches for our Safety, Health, Security & Risk Department – Coaching Section. Reporting to the Safety Coach Supervisor, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for driving, promoting, improving and sustaining of positive Safety Culture through various safety programs and safety data driven interventions to reduce workplace incidents or injuries resulting from unsafe acts/behaviour and unsafe conditions across Harmony Hidden Valley Mine.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Engage and interact with frontline employees and coach employees where behavioural safety attitude improvements opportunities are identified.
- Ensure Infield interaction data collection, entry, recording are consistently maintained to support behavioural safety data – driven programs across Harmony Hidden Valley Mine
- Analyse critical safety data and report areas and propose appropriate interventions to address areas with specific focus on targeting unsafe behaviours to assist employees to make better safety decisions.
- Provide feedback to the Safety Coach Supervisor on identified safety trends and risks during infield interactions
- Attend Shift change meetings and sharing lessons learnt from incidents and effectively communicate areas of improvement
- Support Safety coaching programs across the operation by actively involving with other safety coach
- Provide additional support to SHSR department as required in order to assist department to meet its safety commitments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Must have the right attitude and behaviour to be a team player
- Able to think strategically, identify risks and solve problem
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written (English and Tok Pisin)
- Demonstrated High level of operational risks and control understanding
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Have Hazard ID and Risk Management experience
- Public speaking experience
- Strong Data Entry, recording and analytical skills
- High level user of Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Teams
- Holding current PNG’s Driver’s Licence Class 6 will be an added advantage
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Saturday 13th May, 2023
Related Jobs (3)
Retail Processing Consultant on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Assistant HR Officer on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Human Resources & Payroll Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time