We are seeking to recruit a Safety Coach Supervisor for our Safety, Health, Security & Risk Department – Coaching Section. Reporting to the Safety Coach Superintendent, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible to lead the Safety Coaches in driving, promoting, improving and sustaining of positive Safety Culture through various safety programs and safety data driven interventions to reduce workplace incidents or injuries resulting from unsafe acts/behaviour and unsafe conditions across Harmony Hidden Valley Mine.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Engage and interact with frontline supervisors and employees and coach both supervisors and employees where behavioural safety attitude improvements opportunities are identified.
- Ensure quality Infield interaction data collection, entry, recording are consistently reviewed and maintained to support behavioural safety data – driven programs across Harmony Hidden Valley Mine.
- Lead the Analysis of critical safety data and formulate reports and propose and develop appropriate strategic interventions to address areas with specific focus on targeting unsafe behaviours to assist employees to make better safety decisions.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to the Safety Coach Superintendent on identified safety trends and risks from infield interactions Data.
- Attend Shift change meetings or Safety meetings and share lessons learnt from incidents and effectively communicate areas of improvement to supervisors and employees.
- Support Safety coaching programs across the operation by actively leading the safety coaching Team.
- Support and develop the capabilities and skills sets of the safety coaches by coaching and mentoring.
- Provide additional support to SHSR department team as required in order to assist the department to meet its safety commitments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and has the ability to lead, influence and build a cohesive team.
- Able to think and plan strategically, identify behavioural safety risks and solve problems.
- Demonstrated strong planning and coordination skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills both verbal and written (English and Tok Pisin).
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of operational risks and control implementation strategy.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of High Risk Tasks and Critical Control Strategy.
- Advanced Levels or Tertiary Qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety or demonstrated equivalent experience preferably in an extractive resource industry.
- Strong Data Entry, Analytical and Data interpretation and report writing skills.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office programs – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Teams.
- Holding current PNG’s Driver’s Licence Class 6 will be an added advantage.
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Saturday 13th May, 2023