We are seeking to recruit a Project & Cost Controls Supervisor for our Mine Technical Services Department. Reporting to the Operational and Processes Specialist, the primary objective of this position is to support the Mine Technical Services Department with controlling the operational and project costs. This includes planning, developing, controlling and forecasting both operational and project budgets. The goal of a Project & Cost Controls Supervisor is to minimize the deviations from the budget and ensure that the department is operating within monthly budgets and projects are completed within the approved budget.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible to control and monitor department’s operational and project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from contractors, vendors and suppliers to ensure that all expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects, which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Perform technical and commercial review of RFQ from suppliers and assist with new suppliers set-up
- Ensure effective project delivery by coordinating all purchases, monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and materials delivery up to the project site.
- Coordinate and work with the management team to resolve project issues to ensure a timely delivery/completion of the project work.
- Facilitate or attend department bi-monthly cost review meetings with Finance, contract review meetings with Contracts and any other discussions with the stakeholders as required
- Review and perform departmental and capital project costs related reporting to the project owners and management on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are within the budget.
- Involve in key business improvement exercises and cost saving ideas recommended by BI on Mining operational fronts and contractor’s costs control management.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required by supervisor or department head.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling preferably in the mining / construction industry complemented with demonstrated project management, leadership, problem solving and attention to detail ability and skills
- Holds a Diploma in Business Studies and or a Certificate in Project Management equivalent is essential
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative and possess demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in respect to personnel records and sensitive information
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability with outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Ability to generate budgets and reports with solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and time management skills
- High level of Computer Literacy with Intermediate skills in MS – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a minimum of 2-years or more proven experience in ERP system (preferably Pronto is beneficial)
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Friday 12th May 2023