We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Community Liaison Officer for our People – Community Affairs Department. Reporting to the Community Zone Liaison Supervisor, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for working with Village Liaison Officers, Hidden Valley Landowner Community Leaders, Key Stakeholders and Local Level Governments in the dissemination of approved communications and mine related updates to all key stakeholders.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist Community Zone Liaison Supervisor with planning and implementation of various approved community awareness programs for key stakeholders.
- Work with relevant government agencies particularly the Local Level Government and District Administration officers on combined programs and projects.
- Liaise with Sustainable Projects team to provide regular project updates to the landowner leaders and communities.
- Support Community Engagement team to deliver law and order awareness programs to surrounding communities around Mining Lease 151 and beyond.
- Assist in providing timely field reports to Community Zone Liaison Supervisor.
- Display initiative and self-direction to ensure accuracy, currency and function in promoting two-way communication and engagement with key stakeholders.
- Assist Community Engagement team in compiling, producing, updating and submitting reports on timely basis.
- Assist Community Affairs Administration team with movement of supplies for all fieldwork programs.
- Assist HR Team to disseminate recruitment information to Village Employment Committees for sourcing of Green Hires
- Assist Community Affairs team in reporting and managing all community grievances through grievance process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications at Certificate/Associate Diploma/Diploma/Degree level or equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience relevant in Social Sciences; Communication for Development, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields may be required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in community engagement.
- Able to communicate clearly, both oral & written.
- Strong analytical planning and organising skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and in teams; takes initiative, and follow through on outstanding issues.
- Willingness and desire to work within a small team and take on additional task as and when needed.
- Possess a valid PNG’s class 6 driver’s licence
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine based.
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident, you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role, then please apply by email to [email protected]
All applications must be sent via email only. Applications that come through mail will not be accepted.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Wednesday, 08th March 2023