Monier Limited, the single largest producer, supplier and distributer of construction materials and building products in PNG is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Carry out mechanical repairs and servicing on a fleet of heavy vehicles and trailers in compliance with Monier Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist Workshop foreman in fostering a team environment and assist in supervising the planning and execution of maintenance activities of the Heavy Vehicle Workshop.
- Testing and diagnosing faults on heavy vehicles
- Carry out repairs, tune-ups, maintenance and routine servicing and PM tasks.
- Dismantle, remove and overhaul engine assemblies, transmissions, steering and other components and parts.
- Mentor apprentices and promote a positive workplace culture.
- Ensure all vehicles & trailers being repaired leaves the workshop in a suitable and acceptable condition for operations.
- Attend breakdowns away from your normal place of work as and when required.
- Ensure workshop is kept clean and tidy always.
- Actively contribute towards continuously improving the safety, quality and productivity of the team.
- Ensure that all work is completed to a satisfactorily high standard.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Tradesman Certification as a Vehicle Mechanic
- Minimum of five (5) years Post Trade experience
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Experience in engine and driveline diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of mobile pneumatic systems.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Extensive experience in a similar role working on Hino, Isuzu, Nissan UD trucks, prime movers and trailers.
Preference will be given to Applicants with previous experience with Hino and UD Trucks.
Class 3 or 4 license an advantage.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Monier Limited office at Saraga Street 6 mile along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
Group HR Manager
P.O. Box 734, Port Moresby. NCD
Applications close on COB Tuesday 28th February 2023. Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.