Monier Limited the single largest producer, supplier and distributor or construction materials and building products in PNG is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Heavy Equipment Fitter
Assist Workshop Superintendent in the day to day safe and efficient running of the workshop. Ensure all repairs on heavy machinery are carried out to a high standard and in compliance with Monier Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist Workshop Superintendent in fostering a team environment and assist in supervising the planning and execution of maintenance activities of the Heavy Equipment Workshop.
- Carry out testing and diagnosing faults, inspection, routine servicing and other PM tasks and repairs on heavy machinery as directed.
- Attend breakdowns away from your normal place of work as and when required.
- Report any incidents, accidents and major defects to line management without delay.
- Undertake all tasks in accordance with the company’s health and safety rules, company policies and procedures.
- Mentor apprentices and promote a positive workplace culture.
- Ensure all heavy machinery being repaired leaves the workshop in a suitable and acceptable condition for operations.
- Ensure workshop is kept clean and tidy always.
- Actively contribute towards continuously improving the safety, quality and productivity of the team.
- Ensure that all work is completed to a satisfactorily high standard.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Heavy Diesel Fitter Tradesman Certification
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Extensive experience in a similar role working on CAT, Komatsu & Sandvik heavy equipment like drill rigs, excavators, haul trucks, wheel loaders, dozers, graders and forklifts.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar industry/position.
- Must have current Driver’s License – preferably class 4.
- Must have integrity and honesty.
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Monier Limited office at Saraga Street 6 mile along with Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees and copy of your Vaccination Card.
Applications should be addressed to:
Group HR Manager
P.O. Box 734, Por Moresby. NCD.
Applications close on COB Tuesday, 28th February 2023. Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.