OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN BASIC INDUSTRIES LIMITED!
At Basic Industries Pte Limited, our core values are Growing our People, Progress in our Culture, Innovative in our Solutions,
Integrity in our Dealings and Play Together to Win. Gur People and Our ¥alues are critical in delivering our shareholder values
and center to this is innovation; to reset our future with a more focused and aligned organization.
We are now looking for team players who share the same values, commitment to integrity and are experienced to successfully
deliver operational excellence.
HEAVY DIESEL MECHANIC – STANDARD CONCRETE INDUSTRIES
Standard Concrete Industries is seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, qualified, and experienced person for the role of Heavy Diesel
Mechanic-SC) to be based at our SCI Office situated at Meigunya Road, Nadi.
Some of the key responsibilities of the rote will include:
- Primary responsibility is to diagnose a variety of earthmoving & construction equipment repair needs and perform designated
repairs on company-owned machines as directed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic. and hydraulic troubleshooting ot
various mobile machinery.
- Preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
- Detection of faults using diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics,
power train, engines and general machine performance is expected. Occasional operation af machine in the determination of
repair need of repair assessment may occur.
- Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer’s specifications through the use of hand tools, pneumatic
tools, and any specialized tooling provided by the company.
- Occasional use of basic welding equipment. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required
maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- Comply with OHS requirement
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school education is required, technical, vocational, trade school education or completion of the apprenticeship.
- Two to five years of experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage, including basic welding skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that requires multitasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills — both oral and written,
good work habits, above-average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self-
motivation and a desire to perform at one’s highest level.
- Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft Office desired
How to apply
If you believe you have what it takes and that you should be considered. You are encouraged to apply in writing and detail why you
are the best person for the position.
All applications are to include s recent resume, copies of qualifications and must be emailed to [email protected] with the exact vacancy title as the subject.
All interested candidates must have excellent work ethics, physically fit to perform the demand of the roles on site and have an
excellent response to safety and health protocols. Candidates must be willing ta travel on short notice and be based at remote areas
in various sites whenever required.
Applications close at 4.00pm Friday 02 September, 2022 and only shortlisted applicants who meet the desired requirements will