Vodafone operates with speed, simplicity and trust to enrich people’s lives by connecting them to each other and the world. We are passionate about results and to be the best. We operate in a fast paced and ever changing environment to provide challenging and rewarding careers. At Vodafone we bring out the best in people, live our values and are passionate about what we do.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the entire financial reporting process and oversee the finance functions including payments, stock control, revenue recognition and receivables. The role will report to the Chief Finance Officer and assure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
• Prepare reports and manage the internal and external review for these documents
• Prepare Financial Statements for Company and Consolidated Financial Statements for the Group and Subsidiaries
• Ensure regulatory compliance as well as monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting practices
• Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
• Assist in the coordination of annual audit and review activities of external auditors
• Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
• Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering
• Oversee production and quality control of Balance Sheet reconciliations and journal entries
• Manage month end and year end closing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Financial Management or equivalent
• Additional qualification as such CPA, CA or equivalent would be advantageous
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Be analytical and detail-oriented with good financial skills and an expert understanding of current accounting principles
• Strong understanding of business principles and finance in order to interpret data and make strategic recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyze and summarize complex information
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheet and accounting software programs.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
• Solid leadership skills with ability to motivate and lead a team of qualified accountants