IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
As a Head Mixologist, you’ll manage the bar operations to ensuring quality services and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience.
Your day to day
- As a Head Mixologist, you will manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- You will be responsible to craft and develop the beverage program for the F&B venue.
- You role will involve but not limited to welcoming guests and visitors, understanding and preparing their beverage preferences, providing recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- You will also be planning beverage menus and promote the new beverages and specials.
- Creating a warm welcome for every single guest that sets the tone for their experience with us.
- Preparing and serving drinks to a high standard as well as highlighting promotions for our guests.
- Owning your bar – managing stock, inventory and equipment as well as keeping the space cleaner than clean.
- Handling cash and credit transactions.
- Working closely with your restaurant colleagues to deliver a truly seamless food service.
- This is the top job in the bar. Supervising team members in more than one food & beverage outlets, and may include banquet facilities if requested. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year experience on the same role in a 5 star hotel or resort.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling.
- The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, with certification in Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 09th June, 2023.
Related Jobs (21)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time