The Espiritu is seeking an Experienced Head Chef to join their amazing Team.
If you have proven experience, are creative & passionate about cooking, have excellent communication
skills, can manage a team, is honest, hardworking, and motivated, and want a fantastic future, you
belong here at The Espiritu.
The Head Chef coordinates the activity of kitchen staff and manages daily operations.
- Manage and train kitchen staff effectively to ensure a well-organized and motivated team
- Always ensure consistency in the quality of the dishes
- Ensuring docket times are within kitchen standard of 5 to 20 minutes
- Manages inventory efficiently to ensure a neat and tidy storeroom with rotation of produce
- Efficient and timely ordering of goods to ensure availability of produce and ingredients at all times
- Manage cost controls of food and minimizing wastage within budget
- Maintains correct portion sizes & recipes
- Directing food preparation
- Enforcing food safety standards as well as kitchen hygiene and grooming standards.
- Supervising staff and delegating tasks efficiently
- Scheduling staff shifts
- Organise daily kitchen cleaning schedules as well as monthly deep cleaning.
- Accurately cost & create all menus including breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert & snacks
- Create and prepare daily/weekly specials
- Experimenting and testing with new ingredients and cooking techniques
- Implementing and enforcing kitchen SOPs to ensure a high standard of service delivery and safety
- Organise & hold regular meetings with kitchen team as well as senior FOH team members
- Hold weekly meetings with management as well as providing Monthly and Quarterly reports on overall kitchen operation and staffing matters.
- Associate or Diploma Degree in Culinary Art
- A strong passion for teaching and nurturing of team members in a patient manner.
- Ability to foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Good communication, management abilities and the ability to adapt to different cultures
- Cooking expertise in western cuisine (Italian, Mexican, French, BBQ etc) and preferably Korean cuisine
- Great understanding of food cost, calculation, and management
- Great understanding of menu engineering, modification and applying to menu writing
- Great improvisational skills in kitchen operation and lack of ingredient availability
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Competency with all Microsoft functions including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Driver License
Qualifications & Essential Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial kitchen in a senior role (Sous Chef or Head Chef)
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time