Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
The Espiritu is seeking an Experienced Head Chef to join their amazing Team.
If you have proven experience, are creative & passionate about cooking, have excellent communication
skills, can manage a team, is honest, hardworking, and motivated, and want a fantastic future, you
belong here at The Espiritu.
The Head Chef coordinates the activity of kitchen staff and manages daily operations.
- Manage and train kitchen staff effectively to ensure a well-organized and motivated team
- Always ensure consistency in the quality of the dishes
- Ensuring docket times are within kitchen standard of 5 to 20 minutes
- Manages inventory efficiently to ensure a neat and tidy storeroom with rotation of produce
- Efficient and timely ordering of goods to ensure availability of produce and ingredients at all times
- Manage cost controls of food and minimizing wastage within budget
- Maintains correct portion sizes & recipes
- Directing food preparation
- Enforcing food safety standards as well as kitchen hygiene and grooming standards.
- Supervising staff and delegating tasks efficiently
- Scheduling staff shifts
- Organise daily kitchen cleaning schedules as well as monthly deep cleaning.
- Accurately cost & create all menus including breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert & snacks
- Create and prepare daily/weekly specials
- Experimenting and testing with new ingredients and cooking techniques
- Implementing and enforcing kitchen SOPs to ensure a high standard of service delivery and safety
- Organise & hold regular meetings with kitchen team as well as senior FOH team members
- Hold weekly meetings with management as well as providing Monthly and Quarterly reports on overall kitchen operation and staffing matters.
- Associate or Diploma Degree in Culinary Art
- A strong passion for teaching and nurturing of team members in a patient manner.
- Ability to foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Good communication, management abilities and the ability to adapt to different cultures
- Cooking expertise in western cuisine (Italian, Mexican, French, BBQ etc) and preferably Korean cuisine
- Great understanding of food cost, calculation, and management
- Great understanding of menu engineering, modification and applying to menu writing
- Great improvisational skills in kitchen operation and lack of ingredient availability
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Competency with all Microsoft functions including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Driver License
Qualifications & Essential Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial kitchen in a senior role (Sous Chef or Head Chef)
Related Jobs (13)
Pastry Chef de Partie on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chief Steward on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chefs New Opportunity Overseas on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Head Mixologist on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Chef-de-Partie on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time