To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To assist with the control and ownership for the management of the kitchen department within the overall policies and controls established by the company and hotel General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered, and budgeted profitability achieved.
To ensure always a high standard of cleanliness and practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is met.
- Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of seasonal ingredients.
- Overseeing all kitchen operations.
- Coordinating kitchen staff and assisting them as required.
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment and placing orders to replenish stock.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Programme.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To review and act upon customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility.
- This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include gross profits (food), stock levels and departmental profits.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department where required.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To be fully aware of and assist with purchasing in department
- To assist with ensuring food profit and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To ensure all stocks are stored and rotated correctly in line with Food Safety requirements, following company policy to meet statutory legislation. This to include recording temperature checks of food commodities.
- To assist in ensuring the profitability of food operations and Gross Profit management. This to include carrying out food stock-takes as required.
- To follow all procedures and processes for food and beverage controls to meet company requirements.
- To cost menus as required.
- To assist with maintaining and improvement of departmental operating standards.
Growing the business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise sales revenue and
- exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- To assist with and suggest promotional opportunities to enhance departmental sales to meet and exceed budget. This to include planning, implementation and review of food promotions.
- To keep all department team members sales focused.
- To lead and motivate team members to create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To maintain effective communication within your team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required.
- To supervise work of junior Chefs, including their use of dangerous equipment.
- To be responsible for ensuring departmental training is carried out to the standard required.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team members personal development. To ensure training is recorded for all team members following the Company Induction Programme.
- To assist with the compilation of the kitchen Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To assist with carrying out performance reviews for team members every six months, following company guidelines.
- To assist with the setting of clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business Plan.
- To assist with the recruitment of new departmental team members up to supervisory level, in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To participate with reviewing training in meeting objectives.
- To assist with ensuring unacceptable behaviour and performance is corrected, in line with the company disciplinary procedures, where this forms part of your responsibilities.
Controlling the Environment:
- To supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis whilst maintaining company standards consistently, with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To assist with creating and updating standards manuals and cleaning schedules.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Disability and all employment legislation and ensure all team members are trained accordingly.
- To implement action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel’s goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To operate I.T. systems in line with company standards where required.
- To assist with ensuring the department actively maintains and supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure re-recognition.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
- To adhere to all security procedures laid down by the hotel and company.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
Please email your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
The application closes on 22 May 2022
Related Jobs (10)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant
Aviation Administrator| Engineering Administrator | Plumber Bartender on November 24, 2022 Full Time