A Carpenter is responsible for maintaining the building and facilities to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while building required items and preparing preventative maintenance schedules.
What will you be doing?
As a Carpenter, you will be responsible for maintaining the building and facilities, build required items, and maintain carpentry tools to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Carpenter will also be required to prepare preventative maintenance schedules and perform inspections. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintaining the building and facilities including doors, windows, furniture and other items
- Complete the Guest room maintenance schedule on time
- Build required items including specialty furniture
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment
- Assist with the delivery of other related services
- Keep a daily log of tasks
- Prepare a preventative maintenance schedule
- Take measurements, install fixtures, and make necessary adjustments
- Ensure quality inspections are carried out in line with company standards
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Follow all Health and Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
What are we looking for?
A Carpenter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance
- A trade qualification (proof of qualification may be required) as a Carpenter
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently or without close supervision and within established timeframes
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Travel the world and grow your career with Hilton
Hilton has again been recognized by the Great Place to Work® Institute as one of Australia’s best companies to work for in 2023/2024