IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Holiday Inn Suva is just steps from the city’s key sights, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. All our bright, modern guest rooms have high-speed internet and a balcony. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre. Our Sirocco restaurant is a laid-back setting for relaxed dining, while waterfront Bati ni Wai serves pizza al fresco. Enjoy an icy-cold beverages with a big-screen sports channel in Tapa Lounge Bar or listen to live music and enjoy Suva’s sunsets from the pool deck.
Your day to day
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Guest Services Manager to lead the Guest Services Team and take key responsibility for the Guest Experience aspect of the Hotel. The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Guest Services Manager – you’re the leader, leading the day-to-day guest services and loyalty delivery and are directly responsible for the effective services delivery across rooms division – supporting Housekeeping and Food & Beverage services to ensure the achievement of established Holiday Inn quality, guest and colleague standards along with departmental revenue and profit goals.
Reporting to the General Manager, you’ll lead and oversee all aspects of guest services and loyalty program to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the brand to life. The hotel team work closely together so whilst you’ll predominantly focus your time across Front Office supporting Housekeeping and Food & Beverage operations, you’ll also work closely with Engineering department and all other areas of the hotel as needed. You’ll be in tune with your team, driving performance and engagement and ensuring they receive the right learning and development opportunities to maximize performance and maintain a positive and productive work environment. You will be accountable for the delivery of an exceptional guest experience in all areas of the Front Office ensuring our guests feel welcomed and subtlety delighted throughout their stay. This is a critical position requiring proven capability in creating a positive and productive work environment. Your strength will be your ability to build, motivate, and lead an effective team that delivers results and is highly engaged.
So, what does the day-to-day look like?
Your day to day will be spent working alongside your team to ensure we delight our guests with personalized service, catching moments with your team and peers to have great development conversations aligned to driving accountability to hotel goals and metrics. Maintain a high-performance standard among guest contact employees to ensure they are knowledgeable, meticulous, perceptive and curious all times.
You will lead from the front demonstrating that high quality service standards build trust, whilst continuing to deliver productivity and other key efficiencies such as manning costs, rate strategy and inventory management.
- Manage all aspects of the Guest Services and Loyalty Program (including guest experience, porter services, concierge services, IHG way of Clean, rooms and public area cleanliness) to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the brand to life.
- People Development, planning and scheduling to achieve budgeted payroll productivity.
- Maintain an awareness of hotel activities within property including events, conferences, occupancy levels, profitability and key metrics of Guest Love, Loyalty and Colleague Heartbeat
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback.
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer and Maintenance Manager, to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets.
- ·Fully conversant with crisis management and able to lead the hotel in any given emergency situation.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- You will have 3-4 years previous leadership experience in managing Front Office/Rooms within a luxury hotel brand.
- You will have a strong knowledge of current hotel systems including Opera, Concerto, etc and your warm and approachable communication style is what you are most known for.
- You have developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, team members and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism/Hotel Management, or Tourism/Hotel related field or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm, and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple projects, and priorities workloads
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary, Paid birthday leave, Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage, An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your:
- updated resume and
- cover letter to [email protected] by August 30, 2022.
Related Jobs (8)
Payroll & Accounts Receivable Officer AND Welcome Host on December 1, 2022 Full Time
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant