Kokomo Private Island Fiji
Kokomo Resort Pte Limited is seeking an experienced and qualified Guest Relations Officer
to be based at Kokomo Private Island, Kadavu.
The candidate we are seeking will have the following attributes;
- Experience with OPERA or similar hotel operating systems
- Basic understanding of hotel reservations, billing, check-in and check-out procedures
- Experience with cash handling, credit card compliance and cashier reports
- Excellent communication (both verbal & written), interpersonal and time management skills
- A friendly and outgoing personality with strong cultural awareness
- Professional phone etiquette and ability to communicate with international guests, agents, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Ability to anticipate guest needs, handle and resolve guest complaints. A willingness to use initiative to prevent or solve problems.
- Excellent personal hygiene, grooming and presentation skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work well autonomously, under pressure and remain calm, organized with great attention to detail
- The flexibility to work shifts including mornings, afternoons & evenings
- Ability to work independently, efficient and as part of a team
- Ability to live-on site and share facilities with other staff members
If the above sounds like you, read on to learn more about what will you be doing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering exceptional guest experiences by achieving positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Providing exceptional customer service by engaging with our guests throughout their stay
- Welcoming the guests and escorting them to their villas
- Communicating with all departments and going the extra mile to exceed guest expectations
- Ensuring that the Front Office Manager is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
- Demonstrating a knowledge of villa categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Using OPERA PMS on a daily basis to perform all GRO duties
- Using MS Office on a daily basis to create reports, respond emails, write letters etc.
- Using the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the resort credit policy
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments and helping with porterage if required
Skills and Experience below are added advantage
- 5-star resort experience with Reception and Reservation background
- Basic knowledge of island emergency and first aid procedures
- Sales skills
- Food and Beverage and Marine activities knowledge
- Musical instrument and/or singing skills
Please note we will only be considering applicants who meet the minimum requirements outlined above.
If you are suitably qualified for the above position and ready to join our team, please apply.
Send your detailed CV, a cover letter and a recent PP size photo
Via email to
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Applications will close on Tuesday 6th June 2023
Related Jobs (12)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Commis Chef / Dive Instructor on May 26, 2023 Full Time
Assistant Day Cruise Director on May 24, 2023 Full Time