The Community Manager is the principal orchestrator and welcoming face of the Sheraton public space which offers features and services for guests that are uniquely Sheraton – ultimately fostering guest productivity, connectivity, and a sense of community. This role activates key Sheraton public space proof points and programming including the Community Table, Studios, Booths, and the Coffee Bar & More which enable guest productivity and connectivity and foster a sense of community, delivering on the Sheraton experience. The Community Manager works to facilitate peak performance and achievement of guest work goals while staying with us by ensuring guests relate to tech support, can procure workspace, have food & beverage needs met, and any other ad-hoc requests through seamless coordination with other departments and functions. This role also facilitates connectivity between guests and the local community by forming and managing partnerships with local businesses and organizing lobby events that promote the learning and growth of our guests. The Community Manager drives profitability in the transformed Sheraton public space and is empowered to use their discretion to elevate and deliver personalized guest service with a community mindset – critically important as a core value of the Sheraton brand.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 5 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or related major; 3 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Public Space Goals
- Activates key branded public space proof points that deliver on the Sheraton experience.
- Manages public space operations, particularly around on-strategy branded proof points, maintaining quality and standards on a daily basis.
- In support of the brand vision for public space and core value of Community, develops specific public space goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work in support of those goals.
- Contributes to critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
Enabling Guest Productivity
- Works to maximize guest productivity by providing meeting spaces, business services and an atmosphere conducive to guest success.
- Identifies and implements strategies and tactics for creating and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to customer productivity and success and implements strategies for the property or specific tactics on a guest by guest basis.
- Develops staffing plans and executes against them to provide public space coverage that enables customer productivity through space, technology, and business services by having a continual presence in the public space, including awareness of onsite VIP and in-house groups.
- Manages the Sheraton Studio spaces and monitors for proper set up at the start of meetings, attendee awareness of how the studios work and overall attendee satisfaction during bookings.
- Orchestrates public space services with key on property partners and departments to maintain a flexible and inclusive lobby that meets guests needs in a seamless manner. Anticipates guests’ needs to book Studios, leverage Booths, have printing needs met, order F&B and have needed meeting materials.
- Finds, builds and manages relationships with local professional service businesses, such as graphic designers and print shops, to serve as a local expert and facilitator for business service needs to guests.
- Maintains a database of service providers that other staff may access to meet guests needs.
- Facilitates maximum guest productivity by proactively ensuring guests are connected with meeting spaces, business services, food & beverage, Wi-Fi.
- Assists guests in maintaining routines while visiting the Sheraton public space by keeping them informed of local vendors that may assist them or working to alleviate any technology issues they may be experiencing.
- Engages in constant communication connecting all departments to deliver seamless guest service in the public space.
- Proactively gathers data and seeks opportunities to improve hotel and local guest productivity needs in the public space.
- Builds relationships with both guests and local organizations and business to create a sense of community within the hotel through networking and enriching events that foster personal and professional development of guests.
- Brokers and negotiates relationships with local organizations and businesses for on-property programming, events and other partnerships.
- Plans and hosts regular events that focus on professional and personal development. Partners with other departments for awareness and promotion of events.
- Partners across departments for compelling and flawless execution of community activations. Finds, builds and manages relationships with local organizations and vendors to enhance guests’ experiences.
- Serves as host to both locals and travelers in the lobby by getting to know them and when the opportunity presents itself, makes introductions between guests with common or complimentary interests, especially around the Community Table feature of the lobby.
- Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest’s specific needs and requirements.
- Creates a seamless, easy experience for guests, provides continuity to the guest experience journey by supporting all guest relations matters within the public space.
- Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel including daily house-count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements.
- Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when needed.
- Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
- Confirms repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and verifies their requests are carried out.
- Delivers an appropriate response and resolution of all Public Space guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
- Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the hotel.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Please apply online via www.careers.marriott.com together with detailed curriculum vitae no later than 18th March 2022.