World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has exciting opportunity for those of you who want a change and want to become part of a dynamic team. We are currently looking for suitable, qualified, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fill the Grants Operation Coordinator to be based in Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.
GRANTS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the National Grant Operations Supervisor, and guidance from the Grant Operations Manager, the Grant Officer will be responsible for coordinating and implementing day-to-day activities based on the grant work plan directly managed by the PR, and monitoring Sub-Recipients (SR) operations.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sub-recipients are performing and grant activities are implemented on time. This includes but not limited to the following:
- SRs are visited every quarter
- SRs are coached and supervised
- SRs work plan are monitored
- SRs are aware of GF policies and guidelines
Grant activities involving SRs are coordinated. This include but not limited to the following:
- CCM Oversight, Auditor, LFA, GF Country team visits
- NDOH Supervisory visits
TBHIV grant activities directly managed by the PR are implemented as planned
- Develop micro plans depending on the thematic/geographic areas assigned and be responsible for its implementation and monitoring
- Coordinate with partners involve
- Prepare activity plans
- Liaise with PR and NDOH M&E teams to obtain information necessary for planning
- Coordinate with GSD (eg. procurement), Finance (eg. acquittal) and other WV PNG departments (eg. Security, P&C) to ensure smooth implementation
Professional and personal development
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/Diploma in Allied Medical Health related courses; Health Management; Social Science
- Project Management
- Has high level of competency in using computers particularly MS office
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Team Player
- At least 2 years work experience in project management with NGOs
- Ability to effectively negotiate, solve operational issues and contribute in revising guidelines and tools whenever necessary
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate and COVID 19 Vaccination card (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby on or before; Wednesday,17 May, 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering the well-being of the staff, beneficiaries, peers, partners, and the general public at large it is highly recommended that all staff of WV PNG be vaccinated for CoVid19. Any request for exemption from being vaccinated on grounds of health and religious beliefs can be accommodated upon due consideration.
World Vision is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries, to respect the rights of all beneficiaries, and to uphold the best interests of children as a primary consideration in all actions and decisions; accordingly, all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision PNG has zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. World Vision Papua New Guinea as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with prior record of conviction related with child neglect, abuse and exploitation
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Program and Grants Manager, Suva, Fiji on June 7, 2023 Full Time
PYP Coordinator on March 16, 2023 Full Time
Instructional Coach on March 16, 2023 Full Time