World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has exciting opportunity for those of you who want a change and want to become part of a dynamic team. We are currently looking for suitable, qualified, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fill the Grant Quality Assurance & Compliance Consultant to be based in Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.
GRANT QUALITY ASSURANCE & COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position of Grants Quality Assurance and Compliance Supervisor/ Manager is based at the WV PNG National Office and will be responsible for leading the PR QA/ M&E and Compliance functions.
As an active member of the grant management level, s/he is also responsible in keeping the grant compliant according to national and international requirement, by assisting the Chief of Party (COP)/ Deputy Chief of Party in the overall management of the grant and implementation of QA and compliance related activities. S/he is responsible for developing systems, revising project policies and procedures (administrative and technical) to be aligned with WV and GFATM policies, thereby ensuring relevance, timeliness, quality, and achieving and sustaining highest standard of grant operation. She/ he is responsible to develop suitable SOPs for partner organisations for minimum standards of programming under GF and ensuring that the compliance requirements are updated periodically (based on donor requirements). She/he will also function as Safeguarding Officer for the project. Grants QA and Compliance lead ensures that all contractual agreement with SR, vendors are prepared, reviewed and finalized as per legal obligations under donor requirements and laws of PNG. She/ he carries out quality checks on program in coordination with Ops team to ensure do no harm principle is adhered to at community level.
She / he will lead and train PR, SR partners on documentation and record keeping for compliance and assist in Audits as needed.
She/he will also work on Enterprise risk management for the grant for PR and partners to be reviewed at quarterly intervals, along with other key functions within WV PNG.
For M&E, she/ he has to provide technical assistance/ coordination to M&E team members who will already be working closely with NDOH M&E team members and Epidemiologist for GF reporting.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge management, ERM and Quality Assurance
- Work with WV PQ team to establish/ strengthen QA and KM guidelines for project team and partners.
- Develop training calendar for partners and coordinate learning events (including virtual platforms) .
- Work with other team members for capacity building of NDOH and PHA
- Carry out community-based feedback mechanism on quality of services provided by project.
- Develop and maintain risk register
- Work with Ops team/ DCOP/COP/ SMT of WV for risk mitigation plans and their implementation
- Developing/revising grant organizational structure (eg. workforce planning, revising job descriptions, participating in the staff selection process)
Lead the M&E team to ensure implementation of activities is timely, (i.e. orientation/induction/mentor)
- During grant start-up (develop Agreements or MOUs, operational policies)
- design and facilitate grant start-up workshop amongst SRs;
- design/organize regional consultation workshop
- Train/mentor the PR M&E team
- develop micro-plans for each staff
- design induction plan
- preparing for meetings, donor visits and others
- matters to be elevated to GFATM, TWGs, CCM or NDOH management
- Encourage operations research within the team and amongst SRs and assist/mentor SRs and PR staff to submit abstracts for national and international presentations
- Prepare monthly updates and share experiences within WV partnership.
Partner monitoring and quality of programming:
- Roll out of Partner monitoring tools by Ops team and M&E team.
- Timely data are collected, verified and analyzed in order to provide quarterly reports to WV PNG management, WV GC, donors, and the CCM.
- Consolidate, verify and finalize operations, technical and financial reports before submission to the CCM and donors (GFATM and WVA)
- Ensure progress update/disbursement request (PUDR) is submitted together with the program and finance performance; and together with finance and operation teams, respond to Local Funding Agent (LFA) verification after the PU/DR submission
- Ensure CCM dashboard reports are prepared quarterly, and present these to the CCM Oversight Committee
- Ensure that SRs and implementing partners (IPs) are submitting quarterly Programmatic Reports; ensure that these are verified immediately and provide feedback.
- Consolidate all program review results and summarise all findings to be shared to all departments for execution and actions
- Ensure that Local Funding Agent (LFA) assessments and verification exercises are carried out smoothly
- Guide the team to monitor SRs’ performance and give feedback:
- Carry out capacity needs assessment for SRs (new and old)
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to SRs and provide on-site technical and operational guidance and feedback; and discuss findings and recommendations with Grant Operations Manager and NDOH M&E Adviser
- Lead in designing PR-specific SR monitoring tools, programmatic data reporting templates, and lead internal review meetings with SRs.
- Assist DCOP/ Ops Manager for SR review meetings
- To ensure compliance across all components of the grant, s/he shall keep the management team abreast with new policies within WV and GFATM that are relevant to the grant, new requirements, and monitor adherence during implementation.
- Download new policies and disseminate by email/ virtual sessions
- Convey complex donor regulations concisely and clearly to relevant stakeholders
- Inform internal and external entities responsible for addressing any issues or enquiries raised by the CCM, LFA, GFATM (eg. management actions) and WVA; collate all responses and submit.
- Keeps an inventory of all official grant documents such as grant agreement, audit’s, IL’s, asset inventory and MOU’s
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to WV Sub-granting
- Responses to GF/NDOH/ performance letters/ ILs.
- May be required to carry out investigative procedures/ inquiries in coordination with Compliance Officer, WV PNG.
Safeguarding/ PSEAH policy implementation/ Resource mobilization
- Review and orient teams on the updated policy of WV and GF
- Roll out trainings for SRs/Partners on Safeguarding
- Maintain documentation for implementation (for due verification)
- Assist in the development of new proposals especially in the technical areas
Professional and personal development
Keeping him/herself abreast with and developing a comprehensive knowledge of the following:
- NDOH strategic plans (TB and HIV) and other grant documents
- new GFATM and WV policies and guidelines that will impact grant implementation
Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships.
Maintain a career plan that is consistent with World Vision’s strategic goal.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5-10 years’ work experience in public health management whether government or international NGOs -of which at least 2 years is at mid-managerial level
- Experience in working in grant funded projects
- Experience in organizational development and / or project management /Finance management / audit experience will be an advantage.
- Dealing with multiple partners/stakeholders, and coordinating with a team that is geographically dispersed.
- Familiarity with the Pacific and Melanesian context is an advantage
- Degree in Allied Medical Health with public health background/ Bachelor’s Degree in Health Management/ Health Administration
- Excellent analytical, people, management and administrative skills
- Excellent advocacy and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with government staff both at national and provincial level
Has high level of competency in using computers particularly MS office and other data base software
- Strong writing skills – English
- Good skill in public speaking and facilitation
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate and COVID 19 Vaccination card (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby on or before; Monday,22 May, 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering the well-being of the staff, beneficiaries, peers, partners, and the general public at large it is highly recommended that all staff of WV PNG be vaccinated for CoVid19. Any request for exemption from being vaccinated on grounds of health and religious beliefs can be accommodated upon due consideration.
World Vision is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries, to respect the rights of all beneficiaries, and to uphold the best interests of children as a primary consideration in all actions and decisions; accordingly, all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision PNG has zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. World Vision Papua New Guinea as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with prior record of conviction related with child neglect, abuse and exploitation
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.