Tourism is the very heart of who we are. We are proud of our cultural diversity and always happy to welcome visitors from around the world and showcase unique experiences to be found across our 330 islands.
Tourism Fiji has an incredible opportunity for a university graduate interested in our six (6) months Graduate Trainee program that will help develop your career readiness competencies in the marketing landscape, with a particular focus on Events Coordination and Planning.
This is an opportunity to be part of a vibrant, passionate and high performing team focused on creating memorable events and building a sustainable, resilient and inclusive tourism industry for the benefit of all of Fiji. You will contribute to the team who promote the destination to bring more major events to Fiji elevating our key assets such as surf and rugby.
This opportunity will establish excellent foundational event planning and marketing skills to help you prepare for a successful transition into the workplace.
The program is open to recent graduates who have successfully completed university studies. The successful applicant will receive a fortnightly salary. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
- Assist the events team, with the development of event run-sheets, sourcing venues and liaising with clients and key tourism stakeholders for upcoming Tourism Fiji events.
- Provide support with the administration of MICE and Business Events.
- Support the project management of major corporate events and other supported events through the event investment program.
- Support events and PR activations related to key marketing initiatives.
Aligning to Tourism Fiji’s Values, you will:
- Be a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university
- Possess interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with others, within and across Tourism Fiji. It includes respecting others, valuing ideas and diversity, supporting the team environment, and Tourism Fiji’s Corporate Plan
- Display a sense of urgency and high energy/drive to get the job done
- Knowledgeable of event marketing principles
- Organised and efficient in your own work habits and prioritise time effectively
- Adaptable and flexible to maintain effectiveness with different tasks and stakeholders
- Have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and have creative problem solving skills
- Well versed with using Microsoft Office suite
- Willing to be guided by the Events and the wider marketing and operations team
- Be able to follow standard instructions, policies & practices and meet deadlines.
The Graduate Trainee will report to the Events Manager and be based at the Tourism Fiji Office, Level 3, RB Patel Jetpoint Complex, Martintar, Nadi. Work hours are from 0800 – 1630 hours (Mon – Thur) and up to 1600 hours on Fridays. Some work outside of these hours will be required.
Applications with a covering letter, updated resume and copies of academic record transcripts should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Tourism Fiji emailed to: [email protected] by 4pm on Wednesday, 20th December 2023. Please state Graduate Trainee – Events in the subject line. Vinaka Vakalevu.