Ref No: LF7011
An exciting opportunity is available within the Finance Section at the University of the South Pacific for two (2) vibrant Graduates Accountants. The purpose of the Graduate Accountants will support the Management Accountants in managing the accounting function of the University. This will include administering the delivery of timely and accurate core transactional functions and providing proactive financial management information.
The incumbent is expected to work in a demanding environment ensuring matters carried out by USP Finance is in accordance with Financial Policies and Delegation as well as be a team player and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision at work. He/She is also required to liaise with various internal and external parties such as sections of the USP, Banks, Students and Auditors. The incumbent is willing to work extra hours in order to meet strict deadlines.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for any of this positions, applicants must have:
• Completion of a degree in Accounting without subsequent relevant work experience; or
• Completion of a diploma and two (2) years subsequent relevant work experience; or
• Completion of a post-trades certificate or advanced certificate and five (5) years of relevant experience; or
• An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
• Experience in researching and extracting information from a variety of sources;
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting financial data;
• Experience and understanding of a computerized accounting system;
• Excellent numerical skills
• Effective analysis and evaluation skills
• Effective organization and time management skills;
• Effective verbal and written communication;
• Competent user of Microsoft Office package; particularly Excel;
• Experience in working within an effective team.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
• With GPA (3.0+);
• Have at least three years working experience in the similar field.
• Having exposure to month end process and assisting with management accounts is an advantage.
• Knowledge of tax law and accounting standards would be an advantage.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Lusiani Biukoto, Finance Section, ph: (679) 32 32797; fax: ; email: email@example.com
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: FJ$22,426 to FJ $28,318 per annum
How to Apply
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Closing date for applications 01 May 2022