The Fiji Rugby Union in partnership with Oceania Rugby is seeking to recruit Get into Rugby PLUS Support officer.
About The Role
The Get into Rugby (GIR) PLUS Support officer role has been put in place to help support the delivery of programme activities, facilitate training logistics, conduct schools and community monitoring, and organise and conduct festivals and special events. The position holder will be responsible for taking the lead in monitoring and evaluating aspects of the program, developing M&E tools, and ensuring their effective implementation in line with the program’s thematic areas. The Get into Rugby PLUS Support Officer will work as part of the Fiji Rugby Football Union (FRFU) Development team and will report directly to the GIR PLUS National Coordinator, and ultimately to the National Development Manager. As part of the role, the appointed individual will interact with GIR PLUS staff, various departments and individuals within the Fiji Rugby Football Union, volunteers, teachers, coaches and programme partners. The Get into Rugby PLUS Support Officer posts will be based in Suva.
- Maintain relationships and communication with coaches, teachers, head teachers, community volunteers, and FRFU development officers.
- Liaise with Development Officers, Educators and other team members to coordinator Coach Mentoring visits, support and Coach Meetings.
- Coordinate mentoring and monitoring visits to coaches/schools/ clubs and community sites.
- Support coaches and Educators to complete data and monitoring requirements.
- Transfer data from evaluation documents to digital platforms and databases.
- Create databases to support the collection and summary of data from schools and communities.
- File hard copies of all monitoring booklets and monitoring sheets submitted by coaches, teachers and community volunteers.
- Compile and summarize data results and support the production of impact data required for reporting.
- Provide assistance to the GIR PLUS National Coordinator with the management of finances.
- Responsibility for filing invoices, receipts and other financial documents.
- Responsible for scanning and uploading financial documents to the platform/spreadsheet ahead of reporting deadlines.
- Assist with financial reporting the Get into Rugby PLUS National Coordinator with regular updates.
- Support preparations and logistics for trainings, festivals, meetings, media, events and other activities.
- Communicate regularly with the Get into Rugby PLUS National Coordinator/NDM about inventory and notifying when stocks are low and an order should be place.
Qualification and Work Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Management, Social development, Sport management, Education or any other relevant qualification desirable.
- Work experience in the Monitoring and Evaluation social impact context.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills, especially experience working with excel and/or data management systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic understanding of how to create and manage a database.
- An understanding of Fiji and the Pacific region, with a focus on participatory processes, joint management, and gender issues.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with stakeholders at a local level;
Applications for this position should include three referees and a current/up to date resumé with an outline of your proven experience to carry out the role and how you meet the criteria mentioned above. All applications will be treated with strict confidence and should be received by 4.00 pm 17th of December 2023, with reference to the position being applied for. Applications for this position need to be emailed to [email protected]. Hard copies of application will not be accepted.
Fiji Rugby Union and our partners thank all applicants for your interest; please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.