MBF Bank is locally incorporated in Tonga, fully commissioned Commercial Bank under the central supervision of National Reserve Bank of Tonga forming part of the financial system of Tonga providing a full range of basic banking facilities in retail and commercial banking product. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experience individual to be based in our main office in Tonga. This is a rare opportunity to join the MBf Group in a core senior management role. If you have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed then we will surely like to hear from you!
The General Manager MBf Bank (Tonga) will be overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals.
- Set vision & direction for MBf Bank in meeting all current needs and long-term objectives.
- Strategic business planning & positioning of MBf Bank in Tonga.
- Set and achieve annual budgetary objectives.
- Maintain prudent and sustainable financial flexibility of the MBf Bank as an ongoing concern.
- Financial Performance of MBf Bank as a strategic business unit.
- Marketing and Sales of Banking Products.
- Daily Cash management & control including supervision on Inter-Bank clearing including Nostro accounts held with international correspondent Banks.
- Day to day banking operations.
- Timely submission of statutory reports to National Reserve Bank of Tonga.
- Representation & liaison with Association of Bank in Tonga.
- Customer Relationship Interface & Support.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strategic planning skills: Development and implementation of clear strategic plan for business growth.
- Financial planning skills: Responsible for making key investments and investment recommendations looking at the future of the business.
- Leadership skills: Responsible for leading entire business units or divisions of an organisation for profit maximisation.
- Interpersonal skill: Able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Marketing with business development experience.
- Demonstrated experience of 7 years in both banking and consumer financing.
- An open and inquisitive mind that allows you to embrace challenges and work with others to develop new insight.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative.
- People Champion.
An attractive remuneration package of FJD150,000.00 to FJD200,000.00 with 6 trips to Fiji per year commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidates. Applications for these position should include three referees and a current resume with an outline of your proven experience to carry out the role and how you meet the criteria mentioned above.
Interested candidates can apply by clicking on “Apply Now” button or email detailed resume to [email protected] by Friday, 15th April, 2022.