We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
GENERAL MANAGER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Information Technology (IT) Division is seeking for an experienced and qualified candidate for the position of General Manager Information Technology. This position is based here at the PNG Air Head Office, Port Moresby. The incumbent is to provide leadership for developing, implementing, and maintaining the information technology initiatives/programs that align with the objectives of PNG Air and will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the PNG Air’s information technology and systems.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your role as General Manager – Information Technology will be to manage and maintain the current Hybrid Digital Services and plan for now and the future state of technology and its critical role in supporting and enabling the effective operations of PNG Air Ltd needs, including the maintenance of the IT budget for financial management of all costs to the required requirements.
You will lead the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and technology roadmaps, in line with the strategic objectives of the Company, ensuring the delivery of technology services and systems are efficient, effective, secure and compliant, in a highly regulated environment.
You’ll lead a high-performing technical team of 8 direct reports, across the IT portfolio: core platforms, enterprise applications, software engineering, cloud infrastructure, cyber security, architecture, and service delivery. Leading by example, you’ll instill a culture of continual improvement in your team, that focuses on improved delivery outcomes for the business, stakeholders, and customers.
You’ll be investing in your team’s potential by planning and identifying opportunities for professional development and fostering leadership capabilities in your team.
You will implement a structured and disciplined approach in delivering strategic planning, in consultation with the executive and key stakeholders. You will drive rigor around risk management, governance and controls, ensuring frameworks are in place to meet compliance, privacy, and security concerns, ensuring business continuity.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- Tertiary Qualified with a Degree in Information Technology or extensive equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in airlines industry or similar environment.
- You’ll have a proven ability to lead teams across the technology portfolio including core platforms, applications, cloud infrastructure, cyber security, architecture, and service delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge of Information technology principles, practices.
- Naturally, you’ll have exceptional stakeholder engagement and business partnering skills, with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- You are resourceful and self-driven with the ability to encourage others to seek new, different, and innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities that improve the customer experience.
- Proven competency in researching, writing, and presenting strategic documents, reports, and plans, with the capability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- An empowering leadership style with proven experience, developing leadership capability in your teams.
- Personal attributes such as flexibility, proactivity, collaboration, and cooperation with the ability to build productive working relationships across the organisation.
- Experience of developing and maintaining Information Technology service provider relationships.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 31st March 2023
PNG Air Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer