IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-i-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
Perform a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, the timely payroll processing, and/or timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel. Duties performed are at entry-level in a training capacity, with supervision from higher-level accountants.
- Ensure timely billing of accounts
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records
- Balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system
- Handle correspondence and queries regarding city ledger accounts
- Perform reconciliation to debtors account
- Ensure payroll is processed by midday on every payroll Wednesday and maintain a filing system for payroll
- Ensure daily compliance of CSA Audit and performing CSA audits on a regular basis·
- Conducting Surprise audits as per CSA Audit
- Handling credit card issues /Banking
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma /Certificate in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, brand and the Company
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Use Finance computer programs
- At least 2 years in a similar position will be an advantage
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]