IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
We welcome smiles at Holiday Inn Suva.
Enjoy fine ocean views and a warm Bula welcome, just steps from the city’s key sights.
Leave the city bustle behind in the cool, open-plan hotel Lobby at Holiday Inn Suva. You’ll relax as you stroll through palm-fringed gardens and cool off in the sparkling freshwater pool. All of our bright, modern Guest rooms have high-speed Internet and a balcony.
Nausori Airport is 22km away and Holiday Inn Suva is well-located for business, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters, and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre.
Suva is easily explored on foot. Take a short walk into the CDB to shop for Fijian handicrafts and experience the city’s diversity. At the botanical Thurston Gardens, you’ll find the Fiji Museum, a fascinating insight into the country’s history. Colo-i-Suva’s Forest Park, a nature reserve, with rainforest trails and waterfalls is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Sirocco restaurant offers a laid-back dining ambience focused on Mediterranean cuisine, complimented by Tapa bar & lounge with large sports screen and the relaxed atmosphere of the outdoor Pizzeria, bure, and deck – live music on selected evenings and digital music selection available throughout the service period – your ideal setting to enjoy Suva and its sunsets.
Your day to day
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Front Office Manager to lead our Front Office operations.
Reporting directly to Rooms Division Manager you will be accountable for the delivery of an exceptional guest experience in all areas of the Front Office ensuring our guests feel welcomed and subtlety delighted throughout their stay.
Your role as Front Office Manager is about daring to connect with our guests so that our ways of working are uniquely on brand whilst also demonstrating our service behaviours of True Hospitality. You’ll focus on ensuring our team deliver authentic, memorable experiences for our guests while supporting and developing the team to drive results.
So, what does the day-to-day look like?
Your day to day will be spent working alongside your team to ensure we delight our guests with personalized service, catching moments with your team and peers to have great development conversations aligned to driving accountability to hotel goals and metrics.
Maintain a high-performance standard among guest contact employees to ensure they are knowledgeable, meticulous, perceptive and curious all times.
You will lead from the front demonstrating that assuring luxury service standards builds trust, whilst continuing to deliver productivity and other key efficiencies such as manning costs, rate strategy and inventory management.
- Manage all aspects of the Front Office department (including guest registration, porter services, concierge services) to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the brand to life.
- Drive employee engagement within Front Office operation
- Prepare rosters to achieve budgeted payroll productivity.
- Maintain an awareness of hotel activities within property including events, conferences, occupancy levels, profitability and key metrics of Guest Love and Colleague Heartbeat
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Fully conversant with crisis management and able to lead the hotel in any given emergency situation.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company.
The ideal candidate will have :
- You will have 3-4 years previous leadership experience in managing Front Office/Rooms within a luxury hotel brand.
- You will have a strong knowledge of current hotel systems including Opera, Concerto, etc and your warm and approachable communication style is what you are most known for.
- You have developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, team members and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism/Hotel Management, or Tourism/Hotel related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time